Social prescribing, sometimes called community referral helps you find ways to improve your health and wellbeing. It does this by connecting you to events in your local area. This could be anything from art classes and social activities for adults who are isolated, to getting benefits and legal advice. Social prescribing allows you to access activities that meet your wider emotional, physical and social needs.
You may be referrered to social prescribing by the clinician, or you can self-refer.
Examples of support include:
- Making appointments for housing, benefits and financial advice
- Healthy lifestyle advice and physical activity
- Joining and attending social activities and clubs
- Getting online and accessing digital support
- Befriending, counselling, bereavement and peer support referrals
- Finding employment, training and volunteering opportunities
- Completing Blue Badge/Taxicard/Dial-a-Ride applications
- Emotional support
Did You Know?
You can use the AskFIRST app see what Social Prescribing is available and book today!
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.